When we told our last home owner that we were heading to a caravan park for our last nine days in Perth, she looked at us as if we were crazy. She strongly suggested that we run for the hills rather than engage in such a foolhardy plan, and then, realising that Forrestfield practically is in the hills, suggested we run away from the hills instead. However, we are sublimely happy that we have chosen to stay at DPF (as it shall heretoforth be referred to in this blog). Without overdoing it, here are the reasons why:
- central location … not that far out of Perth, by Perth standards
- pristine grounds … no permanent caravans. dudes out cleaning the bbqs first thing in the morning.
- affordability … I think between our long term stay and our membership we are currently paying around $29 per night for a powered site
- swimming pool … this was a massive plus in the hot weather. It is big, clean, and hardly used.
- nice local area … this side of town is in the foothills … handy to various local shopping, national parks and reserves and the Bickley Valley wine region
- great facilities … they even have irons and ironing boards (important for crafters), great camp kitchen, piped music in the bathrooms (although schizophrenic programming … i kid you not, it can vary from heavy metal to christian radio depending on who is cleaning…I love the unpredictability!!).
- walking distance to local shopping centre (around 20 min, 5 min by car)
- opposite extensive recreation grounds and sporting facilities … we run around the oval every second night or so
- a coffee shop on site … I mean, this is crazy talk now…
So just to let you guys know. We will be here until the 18th, when we fly home for twelve days and then return. We are doing day trips out from here but have made it our home base. Because we heart it. Whatever that means.